기름새 (Sae for violin and viola) (1993/98) > Program Note

본문 바로가기

기름새 (Sae for violin and viola) (1993/98)

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 작성일18-02-26 13:02

본문

11_1.gif

편성: Duo for violin & viola

작곡연도: 1993/1998

초연:1997/11/5 이예찬, 정효련

연주시간: ca.17′

1993년 Gulf전으로 바다에 유출된 기름을 뒤집어 쓴 채로 죽어가는 붉은 눈의 기름새를 신문지상으로  보면서, 환경에 대한 우리 인간의 무관심과 이기심에 이들 기름새의 모습은 내게 최후의 종말을 알리는 경종이었다.

바이올린과 비올라를 위한 2중주곡 "기름새"는 두 마리의 새를 상징하며, 동시에 인간과 자연의 조건을 비유했다. 비올라 연주의 어려움으로, 1993년에 쓴 작품을 4년이 지난 1997년에 초연할 수 있었다. 그러나 시간의 경과 속에서  나의 시각이, 당시에 쓰여진  작품 그대로를 연주시킬 수 없게 하여 개작의 어려움을 또 한번 극복해야 했었다. 그리고 긴 연습과정을 함께 하면서 얻은 주요 경험을 통하여 또 한번의 전체적 수정을 하였다. 결국 기름새는 세 번의 개작을 거쳐 1998년 2월 24일에 내가 원하는 그대로 오선지에 담은 셈이다.

Formation: Duo for violin & viola
Year of composition: 1993/1998
Premiere performance: November 5th, 1997 Ye-chan Lee, Hyo-ryeon Chung
Duration: ca.15 minutes

In 1993, during the Gulf War, I witnessed the red eyes of a dying bird with crude oil spilt all over its body from the worst oil spill in human history in a newspaper.  For me, the indifference and selfishness of our human being towards our environment shown through a dying bird was an omen for a lurking apocalypse.  

In the duo for violid viola, the ′sae′ refers to two birds, and at the same time, symbolizes mankind against nature. Due to difficulties in the viola performance, the musical piece could only be premiered in 1997, four years after my composition in 1993. However, with the passage of time, my changing perspectives did not allow me to perform the piece in its original state, and I  had to overcome the difficulty of adapting the piece. Moreover, through invaluable experience accumulated from long periods of exercise, I went through a thorough amendment of the piece once again.  In the end, I had to adapt the piece three times before finally writing it down on the scoring sheet on February 24th, 1998.

Copyrights 2018 ⓒ Lee Hae-Sung. All rights reserved. 이혜성교수  goyoh61@gmail.com